From:
Bob Thrasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 08:32:46 -0500
You are probably correct in your assumption. In all current floppy drives and IDE CD or Hard disk drives the Red Stripe on the 37 pin cable will be oriented toward the power connection when connected properly. I have never has a drive dammaged by connecting the drive backwards. It just will not work.

Bob

At 09:58 PM 5/1/99 , you wrote:
>I'm building a new system using a Mitsumi D359M3 3.5" FDD.  Looking a the
>back of the drive, I can only find the number "2" on the PCB at the left end
>of the 34 pin ribbon cable connector.  I expected to find a "1" indicating
>the pin 1 location.  I'm guessing the "2" is there on the PCB because pin 1
>is actually the top pin at the left side of connector and pin 2 is below it
>closer to the PCB.  Can anyone in the group confirm that pin 1 is on the
>left side of the connector when looking at the back of the drive for this
>model?
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Karl Ficenc

Bob Thrasher