From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:48:44 -0800
On  9 Sep 98 at 2:28, Roberto Safora Romay wrote:

> I am using a CD-R Smartandfriendly 2006 plus.

  This is the model on my desk.

> It happens that the CDs recorded in that driver are not read by
> all CD-Rom drivers. Though I am not so sure, it seems that it
> happens when you try to record more than 400 MB or so.

  I can think of three situations that could give symptoms like this:

1.  The disks are CD-RW rather than CD-R -- rewritable, but not
readable on older CD-ROM drives.

2.  The disk is not "closed".  When you burn the CD (I'm using
Adaptec's EZ CD Creator Deluxe), you go to File|Create CD... and go
to the Advanced tab.  The default choice is "Close Session and Leave
Disk Open".  Changing this setting to "Close Disk" may allow it to be
read on more older drive models.

3.  ATAPI CD-ROM drives will run into something very like the pre-LBA
528MB drive limit if they are installed on an IDE channel rather than
EIDE.

  #2 sounds, to me, the most likely.

David G

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**