From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 19:48:16 +1000
Chuck Hassenplug wrote:

> TNT2 (Hercules, Diamond, etc.)

TNT2 is the best at the moment, so if the price is ok for you, go for it. Just
be careful to chose brand, I like Diamond for its support and quality.

> Voodoo3 (3dfx)

Forget it. Voodoo 3 is out-of-date product. Who knows what's next from 3dfx?
Unless 3dfx put 32 bit rederning, 32bit Z-buffer, large textrue support, AGP
support and full openGL support to its next Voodoo chip (will they??), they are
not worth their price.

> Savage 4 pro+ (Diamond, Hercules, etc.)

Performence is not so great, but price is its big advantage.

> G400 (Matrox)

Expensive, but best in image quality. the only weakness is the openGL part, G400
has problem with games require full openGL support, G400's driver is buggy when
running thoes games. G200's openGL driver took 'em forever to write (still not
yet), so I'm wondering how long they gonna take for G400. if they can fix openGL
problem, G400 will beat TNT2.

J Qian

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html