From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 18:49:58 -0500
This sounds quite familiar. Before my upgrade, I had an Intel SB440BX slot 1
mobo w/ Celeron 400mhz, disabled the onboard sound and added a SB HiPro Live
sound card, a D Link 10 /100 pci NIC card and the third slot was empty due
to a lightening strike that fried the modem that used to be there and
rendering the slot useless, and used WME, 256 megs of RAM. My A Open
Justlink CD RW was bundled with Nero and when I wanted to burn a disk, first
of all, no other applications could be running during the burn process.
Also, I could only burn at 8X 1200kps or I would encounter some serious
buffer under runs and in some cases, caused the burned disk to skip in some
of the lower end CD players.

I would recommend exiting all the open applications that you can and make
certain that you are not on line and disable your AV program, then attempt
burning again. If you still cannot burn properly, try ctrl+alt+delete and
end what ever applications that you can to free up some recourses. Nero
definitely is a RAM hog, but I believe it is an outstanding program.

HTH and good luck....

Dean Kiley