From:
Liz & Ray Hornung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:12:40 -0400
Tom,

Are you running any particular software when this happens?  I used to use a
program called Freehand that didn't get along with my McAfee Antivirus
program.  As soon as I started it, my mouse would pause every couple of
seconds as would the keyboard.  Pretty frustrating when you type 80 words a
minute!

As this seems to become sluggish over time, I'll assume it's not an improper
setting.  Depending on what I'm doing, I'll adjust my mouse speed to move
only 2 pixels at a time as compared to 8.

Have you tried using a hardwired mouse and keyboard to see if the problem
persists?  What type of batteries are you using?  I use Energizer Lithium
AA's.  I like the Lithium batteries because they either work or they are
dead.  Regular batteries die slowly and could provide enough power after a
break then start slowing you down again.

The problem with testing most batteries is the fact they are static testing
for voltage without a load on them. Thet may show 1.5 volts but can't
maintain it for long.  Go lithium!

Let us know on the list what worked and what didn't.

Ray