From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:55:57 +0200
Hi

This list is to say the least a little vague....I mean we could help you
alot more if you said what type of Hardware you are looking at...etc...

Personally I would go with an ATA HD rather than IDE
I don't think Video Cards have MMX Capabilities anyway Pentium II's already
have MMX support my suggestion there would be to get the Matrox G200.
Don't even bother with a CD-ROM drive tho go str8 to DVD.
Get an LS-120 / Zip drive...forget 1.44 its had it.
DO NOT skimp on speakers..you WILL be sorry.
Don't skimp on the mouse either. It a part you use 98% of the time.

Cheers
Kevin Hains

> I,m in the process of building my first pc from scratch, and I'm
>   in need of some info from my fellow pcbuilders.
>
>   This is part of hardware list:
>
>  Case with power supply.
>  PII motherboard running 300/400 mhz.
>  video card mmx capable w/2-8 mb ram.
>  ide harddirve 9 gig and up.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**