Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:49:03 +1200
As I said in an earlier post, the quick way to improve XP's performance is to right click My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Settings then select 'Adjust for best performance'.

But there's more which can be done through Services and Applications.

Go to

and download XPServices.zip

When you've unpacked this PDF file, I suggest you print it out. The appropriate settings are in the 'Services Configuration Table' on pages 4-12.

Then right click My Computer\Manage\Services and applications\Services and change the settings accordingly.
I currently use the settings in the 'Safe' column on my own PC and have done the same to around 20 other XP systems.

The increase in speed from these tweaks is particularly effective on slower machines.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand