From:
Jim McCrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 05:47:41 -0800
(Correction - DO NOT USE DELETE)
Use "Uninstall".
Serios difference here.

Sorry
Jim

I ran into a similar problem last week. (absolutely could not see my flash drive).
I went into device manager and deleted ALL the USB drivers.
I "refreshed" all the plug and play drivers (reboot if you can't find this) and all the usb devices came up fine including my flash drive.

I am told this is not an unusual occurrence with USB flash drives.

Good Luck
Jim

[log in to unmask] wrote:
:    From:

> I installed the software  disc that came with the drive but this is  the
only
> computer of  the four that didn't automatically detect the drive. All  are
>  running xp home.

>This sounds like the wrong thing to do...
>For a mass storage  device in XP, you generally do not have to install
>the disk that comes  with it...  Please check your instructions...

Rick  Glazier

I didn't load the software till after I saw the drive wasn't  seen. The drive
has a LCD display that lights up with menu options  when plugged into the
computers that did recognize it, but didn't on the  one computer. This is why I
think David is right about the incorrect power.

-Phil-

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads