From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 03:26:48 -0400
At 12:35 4/11/99 +0800, Chan Fan Chong wrote:
>Recently I just got Future Domain SCSI card and Quantum SCSI HDD.
>But I do not have the software/utilities to configure it. Do any
>body know where I can obtain those software/utilities. I am
>running it under Win95/98.

Adaptec took over Future Domain. You can go to Adaptec's website
and hopefully download software for your controller. You will
probably find DOS drivers and perhaps configuration utilities.
<http://www.adaptec.com/support/files/drivers.html>
You can get whatever documentation is available for your
controller by clicking on its model number in the Future Domain
column at <http://www.adaptec.com/support/eol/index.html>.

There are probably drivers for your controller embedded in Win9X.
If Win9X does not automatically detect the controller, go to
Control Panel, then "Add New Hardware" and see what's available
for Future Domain. I looked and there are a fair number of Future
Domain cards supported by Win98. Choose "select hardware from a
list" instead of having Windows further search for the controller.
Pick the "SCSI Controllers" category and then "Future Domain".

Does your Future Domain card have a SCSI BIOS Setup that you enter
at boot time to make configuration settings for the hard drive and
controller? There is often a "hotkey" that you must press at boot
time to start such a BIOS utility.

You can go directly to Adaptec's FTP site and browse through the
Future Domain directory to see what's available. There is no index.
<ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/FutureDomain/>.

Regards,
Bill

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com