From:
Michele Sayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:50:09 -0000
Tom's single disk Linux

I tried this disk, but I don't know if I was doing it right or not, because
it took me round and round in circles, just as the FDISK on my win98 floppy
does.
This is how I did it, just in case I did it wrong.
I booted to dos command prompt.
Typed A:
Then typed FDISK

It showed as having 2 partitions.
The first, (must be this one) is fat32 (primary dos partition?)
The second doesn't mention too much, except that it is an extended
partition.

I try to delete it, and it tells me that it can't delete it while logical
drives are there (or words to that effect)
I try to delete the logical drive, and  on one part of the screen it tells
me no logical drives are defined, and on the other part it tells me that the
logical drive is deleted.

I look again to see how many partitions are there, and there are the same
two again.
This partition definately doesn't want to go.
 I've tried just about every combination so far, the only one I haven't
interfered with, is this partition.

Would it be  worth me deleting all of the partitions and then creating
another one?Would that work? I'm doubtful so far.
Or would that leave me having to reformat and reload windows?
Like I said, if I can get away with not having to reload, it would make life
easier.

Have you got any other suggestions?
Maybe it's not Linux?
I don't know too much about any other o/s's.
I'm really stuck now, even though it seems as though the problem's half
solved.

M.Sayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>