From:
George W Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:00:46 -0600
I got a good deal on a printer (it was free) for the wife's computer she
uses only for e-mail.
She wanted to be able to print out saver messages.
The problem is the printer prints an all color background with the
message printed in black letters.
The all color background is only under the area of the printed letters,
extending from the first letter to the last in the sentence.
I cleaned the interface the cartridge sets against, no change in
printing.
I have an 1100 Lexmark on my computer so I switched cartridges first,
then data cables, with the same result, so then I switched printers, same
result. It prints the same on my computer as it does on hers.
My printer prints the same on hers as it does on mine, black letters on a
white background as it should.
It is in the printer, but I don't know what to look for.
Has anyone any ideas???
Geo.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.