Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:58:19 -0400
Thanks to all,
   Checked Dialco page but don't see what I think I need.  Also Jameco has
the Belkin Cable Assmby, but I believe this just runs from the connecter(s)
on the back edge of the bd (the ones I don't have) to a slot bracket at back
of the case for more convenient connection without opening the case.  What I
need are pictured at the following Intel Web page:
www.intel.com/design/motherbd/vs/vs_con.htm#4
  If there are Dialco items of this type, I would greatly appreciate the
Catalog/part number as I didn't spot them.
  Have e-mailed Dialco with the following, hopefully explicit, description
of needed items: ---------
Please advise if you have USB connectors that can be soldered on a motherbd
which has the copper pads with copper traces back into mthrbd and is silk
screen labeled USB.  I have an Intel VS440FX based system, in operation for
3-1/2 years which has a location on the rear edge of the mthrbd, labeled USB
connectors and appears to be appropriately connected by copper traces into
the motherbd circuitry.  My Intel spec manual, describes this as the
location of optional USB connectors and shows backpanel with a set of USB
connectors illustrated along with the other regular back panel connectors.
Apparently this option was not implemented to the extent of providing the
connectors but appears to have all the necessary provisions for mounting
them (soldering to the mounting pad).  A later diagram for this bd on the
Intel Web page for the VS440FX also shows a pair of USB connectors mounted
in this position, one atop the other vertically.
  Intel has posted a FORUM message that they will no longer respond to tech
questions concerning this bd after April 26th, via e-mail, phone or regular
mail but appear to have already dried up their participation.
  Many thanks for your assistance,
    Bob Decker