From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:16:11 -0500
From: "meijin" :Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 8:08 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Deleting DirectX?

> Hello all:
>
> I am in the process of putting together the hardware and software
necessary
> to run an Internet radio station. I am using a particular radio automation
> software. When I tested it, it worked just fine. I just did an upgrade
from
> DirectX 6.x to 7 and now the software plays really crappy. I want to
delete
> the currently installed version of DirectX and reinstall 6.x. But, I
cannot
> find a way to get rid of it. Can anyone assist?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David Ray

David,

First you might want to try MS Home user Direct X troubleshooter to try and
diagnose the problem.  It can be found at:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/directx/directx_7.0/tshooter/default.as

There is also a Direct X diagnostic tool with version 6.1 and above.  Click
"Start" and then click "run".  Type dxdiag and click "OK'.  there is a tab
for diagnosing problems with your sound.

Many times an updated driver for your software program can fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Mary Wolden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org