From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 17:57:05 -0400
The original post said that they reinstalled Widows3.11 and then
the CDROM quit working.

If that's the case, then fiddling with the hardware should be
unnecessary.  The CDROM will just need it's driver loaded into
CONFIG.SYS and MSCDEX.EXE loaded into AUTOEXEC.BAT

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association