From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:35:46 -0600
At 12:56 PM 9/20/2002, Ahmad Hidmi wrote:
>HI;
>
>I have a problem With an IBM thinnk Pad that has a password on its bios that I have
>forgetten. If you please I need amethod for unlocking it.

You can download a small application from our website that will
remove the password from nearly all PCs.  Just load it on the PC
and run it from a DOS prompt.   It is called KILLCMOS
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files001.shtml#KillCMOS

This program is basically a virus that will corrupt your CMOS settings
which returns them to the factory defaults, which includes no password
protection.  I mention this as a few people download it and their anti-virus
software goes off, telling them it is a virus.  It is...  but, that is how it works.

It will do not harm to your CMOS.  You will have to reset any settings that
are not factory defaults, but it does the job of removing the password.

      Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com