From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:55:04 -0800
I don't believe that is quite correct. I have a Dell Workstation that has
the drive cage so the drives are on edge. From the factory. It has two
10,000 rpm disks that run just fine. The way I understand it, that if a
drive is to be mounted on edge, it should be formated that way before use.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

In one of my techie books, I think Jean Andrews' Exam Prep for the
A+, it says that running the hard disk on its side will damage it.
Some problem with balance.  I can try to hunt up the reference if
it's important.

Good luck.
David Jonathan Justman

On 20 Jan 2002, at 10:08, andre chiasson wrote:

> Can a Hard disk be installed on the side or upsidedown and perform
properly?
>   Furthermore, if a disk is installed on it's side or upsidedown, what
would
> be the inconvenient during transportation?
> This question was asked to me by a traveling musician.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml