Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:55:51 -0800
Thank you to Paul and Scott for their input on this. I did a bit more
digging and found this link:
http://www.usb-ware.com/firewire-vs-usb.htm

As Paul has noted, Firewire seems to be the faster interface for external
hard drives. It is almost as fast as a direct SATA interface, but is more
convenient (in my view). Hope this information may help others make and
informed decision.

Peter