From:
Matthew Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:29:48 -0700
>Unable to access data on hard drive
>
>I'll try to give the short version of my problem:
>You really may want to draw this out to see it.
>
>Previously, I had 2 hard drives- drive one was C:, drive 2 partitioned
>into D: and E:.Bought a new hard drive- it is the master on the
>primary idea cable partitioned as the new C: drive and F: drive
>(it chose F:) with the old D: and E: partitioned hard drive as the
>slave. The old C: drive is now the D: drive on the secondary IDE
>cable as the master,  with the cd-rom as the slave- both of those are
>working fine. The problem is the old D: / E: drive that is now the
>slave on the primary IDEA drive - I can't access the data!
>
>EZDrive program showed the directory of the hard drive so I
>abandoned the reformatting hoping to access the data somehow.

If you had your second drive formatted with EZ-Drive originally, but not
your new drive, then you need to install EZ-Drive onto your new drive to
read the second drive, since the format EZ-Drive uses is not a standard
format, and EZ-Drive needs to load at boot to read it.
Matthew Ballard
Computer Consultant

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org