From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:06:43 -0500
You need to search for Ultra ATA PCI Adapter Cards.
(That is the name off the Maxtor box I have.)
Promise (Maxtor) and SIIG make them, to name a couple...
They come in several speeds, and the older ones are almost
"given away" if you can fine new ones...
Ultra ATA 100/66/33, Fast ATA, EIDE, and ATAPI devices work
on these cards. (Check the specific specs of your equipment
and the card you choose to get.)
Be sure the card is compatible with the Operating System you
have, or are likely to upgrade to since they require drivers and
will not work without them...  Sometimes the actual CHIP on the
card will be different for the same models and change OS
upgradability and other things.        Rick Glazier