From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:30:54 -0400
Demetri,

  Don't know about the difference in resources.
  I use both the motherboard controllers and the added controllers in my
systems.  As long as your OS has adjusted for the additional resource demand
without conflicts, it's just like adding any other device.
  The add-in ATA66+ IDE cards show up as a SCSI based device, so if you want
to boot from the hard drive attached to the add-in card, you must tell the
BIOS to boot from a SCSI device first.

Fred Nielson