Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:31:20 +0300
On 24 Jul 99, at 1:35, Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> In Win9x operating systems, you can set the minimum and maximum swap
> drives to be the same size (or whatever size you want) by going here:
>
> Click the Start button, slide to Settings, slide to Control Panel, and
> click. In Control Panel, double-click the System icon. In the resulting
> window, click the Performance tab. In this window, click the Virtual
> Memory button. In this window, select "Let me specify my own virtual
> memory settings"
>
> At that point you can specify drive letter and type in the minimum and
> maximum swap file settings (Microsoft is defining "swap file" to be the
> same as "virtual memory".)

Thanks,

While we talk about this, I would like to have some discussion about
minimum and maximum swap file sizes.

What would be the recommended swap file minimum and maximum
sizes, for some RAM size? If I remember correctly, recommended
maximum is a bit more than the size of the RAM, but I know that many
use much more than that.

Let's say, that I'm using a dedicated logical drive for the swap file, what
would be the recommended minimum is such a case?
and If I'm not using a dedicated partition?

thanks,

Uzi

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html