From:
Ray Glueck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:57:31 -0400
The printer remains in the middle because it doesn't have any cartridge in
it.  When you get the proper cartridge and insert it, press the button, only
visible when you open the front, located to the left of center, and the unit
should then return to the right, clean  itself off and become ready.

Also try http://www.ccsi.canon.com for drivers and other info.  Good Luck!

> Hi I was given a Cannon BJC 4000 that I don't know if it works or not.
The
> color cartridge is missing and when the power is turned off the print head
> rests in the middle,Normally it should lock right.  The QUESTION is  this
> because of the missing color cartridge or is this a defect in the machine.
> I don't want to buy black and color cartridges for a defect printer,I
don't
> know anyone that could use them if that's the case. I'd be thankful for
any
> information that I could get
> Paul Ryan
> Germany
>
>                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>       special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
>           with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
>                       http://nospin.com/promotions

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org