From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:34:07 -0500
Wiley,

I am a true blue Toshiba fan.  I have owned four of them
so far.  Never found anything more rugged or durable.

With only a 360Meg drive, I'm guessing you are working
on something from the 1800 series or so.  Older models
(like your customer's) of Toshiba laptops had specially
customized versions of Windows.  Be very careful about
upgrading the OS.

Secondly, you are __probably__ correct that you need to set
some of the port setting to ACCESS the cd drive, but you will
still need a driver to USE the drive.  In other words, you can
configure the laptop to "see" the disk but it still will not be able
read the disk.  You will need a driver from the CD maker.

Jim Meagher