From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 01:55:48 -0500
"Twin*.*Star" wrote:

> One problem with Win98 is that it will not install on all machines
> especially those made before its existence. This includes even major high
> end brands HP, Compaq, etc. My experience with it on those machines it will
> not load is exactly like yours, i.e. it freezes on the last re-boot.

My old AST system, (circa 1996), had the problem described above. My
work around was to shut it off (at the power switch) just as it was
ready to perform its last reboot. I'd wait 10 seconds, turn it on, and
away it went. If I _didn't_ shut it down, it would _always_ hang on that
last reboot, and I'd have to start over. YMMV

Jeff Delzer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html