From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:13:04 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/2002 11:35:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hi, I've been reading and learning from this list for over a year.
 Thank you.  Now I have a question.
 I have a Dell 4400  bios A03 with two WD hard drives. OS -XP
 Yesterday I installed a Siig controller  SC-Pe4B12.
 Installed ok, looks ok in Device manager.
 Have one hard drive on primary master on motherboard controller.
 Have second hard drive on primary master on Siig controller.
 Now XP is loading from the hard drive motherboard controller.
 I would like to learn how to load the OS from the hard drive on the
 Siig controller.

 This is what I've done so far. Went into the Dell cmos setup, Boot
 and changed the first hard drive to be the one on the Siig
 controller.
 That did not work for me. Got a big warning page.
 I see nothing in the Siig cmos that would help.

 I need someone to point me in the right direction to do this.

Art,

I had similar problems setting up my pci controller as well.  What I think
corrected the situation for me was:  go into bios and navigate to the section
on boot order.  Tell it to boot scsi.  I guess that way it looks for the
controller card and then finds your HD.  You should also delete the active
partition on the HD still connected to your mobo.

HTH,
Kevin Nowicki