From:
Tomas Santos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:18:59 -0700
I previously had a similar glitch on a Maxtor on which
I had loaded EZ-Bios and had later mumbled up due to my
inexperience(read as stupidity,LOL).

At that time I searched and was able to find this which
cleared the the way to a happy resolution, and I quote:

"To delete partitions on a hard drive:

Boot to Win98SE startup disk (It is the best OS made
boot disk ever). Type in debug at the A: prompt.

Enter in the following commands:

-F 220 L1000 0 (ENTER)

-A CS: 100 (ENTER)

xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 (ENTER)

xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 (ENTER)

xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 (ENTER)

xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 (ENTER) <---"80" for hd1, "81" for
hd2 >

xxxx:010C INT 13 (ENTER)

xxxx:010E INT 20 (ENTER)

xxxx:0110 (ENTER) <-------BLANK LINE "VERY IMPORTANT" >

-G (ENTER)

Program terminated normally

- (CTRL)-(ALT)-(DEL) to reboot system

Now you have to f-disk and format and reinstall the
operating system."

HTH, Tomas Santos
On Sun, 23 June 2002, Automatic digest processor wrote

> Date:    Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:01:07 -0400
> From:    Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: HARD:  Trouble formating disk
>
> Any chance you have EZ Bios installed?
> It would show briefly at boot up.
> The Maxtor install disk has a removal utility.

> Thanks for the advice for delpart.exe, Zap, and
Wipe....I ended up trying
> delpart.exe...It did seem to work, but I still have
garbage on the drive.  I
> will try the maxtor disk utilities.  If nothing
works, I'll trying driving