Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:49:02 -0500
 Date: December 12, 2004
From: William Patton
Subject: Re: Home Network Thru Route

I did as you said and ran the XP wizard on the WinME machine. (Please note:
the WinME machine previously was set up as it was on the network before with
a WinSE machine)  Afterwards I rebooted both machines but still get this
error on the XP machine.  When I go to Network Connections or Win Explorer
and click the name of the networked computer:  "\\ Bedroom 2 is not
accessible.  You might not have permission to use the network resource.
Contact admin.  Network path not found."  I am logged on to the WinXP
machine as adminsitrator.  I do not have a logon for the WinME machine.
Regards and thanks, William

> Date:    Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:09:48 -0800
> From:    David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Home Network Thru Router
>
>   From the XP network setup wizard, you can create a floppy containing a
> "netsetup.exe" file which, when run on your ME machine, will add the
details
> needed to allow it to communicate with XP.
>
> David Gillett
>

> On 11 Dec 2004 at 12:16, Bill wrote:
>
> > Date: December 11, 2004
> > From: William Patton
> > Subject: Home Network Thru Router
> >
> > I have a home network/internet connection setup up between two computers
> > going thru a 4 port Linksys router and Linksys cable modem.  It has
worked
> > fine with one computer having WinME and the other WinSE. I share a
printer.
> > I removed the WinSE computer and installed a new computer wihich has
WinXP
> > SP2.  I set the name of the computer and workgroup to be the same as
before.
> > The WinME computer name is recognized by the Win XP machine, but it says
the
> > the WinME machine is not accessible.  Please advise on what needs to be
done
> > to access each computer from the other as before.  Thank you, William
Patton

> >                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
> >               Mandrake Linux or Red Hat Linux CD sets along
> >              with the OpenOffice CD...  at a great price!!!
> >              http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL