From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:57:54 -0600
----------
> From: Paul A. Shippert <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Modem Upgrade
> Date: Monday, February 15, 1999 10:06 AM

Yes, this is something that you need to watch out for.  Some areas of
Minneapolis have MediaOne cable service which is one-way only and requires
a phone line and modem for the uplink - which will cause failures because
of busy lines.  Our area has TCI and they are upgrading our service to
two-way optical fiber which I believe will not require a phone line for the
uplink.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html