From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:01:47 -0400
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I have Windows NT and '98 resident on my machine....What
>I want to know is - is it possible to change the default so
>that it boots into '98 by default rather than NT.

Earlier tonight I wrote about editing the boot.ini file to
accomplish this.

There is an easier way to do this in Windows 2000. (I don't
recall if the following is possible in Windows NT4.)

In Win2000, right click on My Computer and choose Properties.
(Or select System from Control Panel.) Select the Advanced
tab. Click on the "Startup and Recovery" button.

You can set the default operating system (for booting) from
the drop down menu at the top. You can also modify the boot
delay time by entering a different number of seconds. (You
can even prevent the boot menu from appearing at startup.)

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html