From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:06:59 -0800
Hello,

At 02:55 PM 3/29/98 , you wrote:

>I think I heard about these kind of problems before.

>The problem is Win95 seems only like the letter D for CD-ROM.

>Try to use the letter D for CD-ROM and give the second hard disk (or
>partition) a E letter (I hope so).

  This is my first post for me on this list.  Although I might be budding
in I would like to put some input in this discussion.

  The letter of the CD-ROM can be just about anywhere you want it.  Case in
point I have mine set to letter X. IF you add a new hard drive to the
system, in most cases the drive letter of the CD-ROM will change to the
next free drive letter. If this was not done the installation of the new
hard drive may have been incorrectly installed or the OS is not functioning
correctly.

  My fix for this problem in Windows 95 or Windows 98, get TweekUI and set
the Installation path to x:\win95 or x:\win98 and set the CD-ROM drive
letter to X drive.  You can set the drive letter to X: by going into System
Properties / Device Manager /  CDROM / Your CD-ROM / Settings / Reserved
Drive letters, set the Start and end drive letters to X. Reset the computer
and there you go.

  I hope this helps you out.

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions