From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2015 18:57:46 -0500
This is the text of a support ticket I just opened with Gigabyte:

New build. WinXP SP sucessfully installed on 1TB WD HD (new) on a
different computer, as was unable to install os in new computer using a
new LG optical drive. I tried 4 different WinXP install CDs on the new
hd in the new build all of which halted with an error message that
seemed to refer to the new hd. WD support diagnosed a bad hd and sent me
a replacement. I then thought to try to install the os on a new
flashdrive. The install halted with the same reported error as with the
new hd. So I diagnosed a defective optical drive, returned it and am
waiting for a new optical drive. The WD replacement hd arrived so I
installed WinXP SP3 on it using a different computer because the
replacement optical drive hasn't arrived. The install was successful, I
installed SP3 and was able to get an Internet connection. But when I
installed the hd in the new build, it doesn't work. The os starts to
boot up for a second or two then there is a blue flash on the screen and
the computer reboots. So now I am suspecting something is wrong with the
mb. Also the USB ports on the back panel marked "b" in the users manual
(p.21) do not support the keyboard as they are supposed to; the keyboard
does function with the USB ports on the back panel marked "i" on p. 21.
The CPU's cooler/fan is an Arctic Freezer 7 and the BIOS reports the cpu
temperature around 51 degrees Celsius and the mb around 32 Celsius. I am
guessing that the blue flash and rebooting will be diagnostic to your
support team.

-----------
This build has been a nightmare, excuse the exaggeration. Specs are
Gigabyte mg, AMD APU A8 7600 CPU/APU, Arctic Freezer 7 cooler/fan (as
suggested to me on this list), Corsair 450W PSU.

I will report what Gigabyte support says. Meanwhile, it would be
interesting if one of you all correctly diagnoses the problem(s).

Thanks in advance.

Mike Eisenstadt
Austin

                          PCSOFT's List Owners: