From:
Iz Kuzara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:05:07 +1100
I recently bought a new system,

Pentium II
OSR2
3.2 GB HDD
Diamond Stealth video card 4MB
SB sound card

I installed some peripherals from my other system which I was fiddling
with:

HP CDRW 7100+
SBAWE32

I transferred my SB 16-bit to the old computer
Installed the CDRW
Put in two more HDD
Transferred the Diamond Stealth to the other computer
Put in my Matrox Millenium II to this new system

Everything works fine -- apart from one thing --

My CDRW is an internal one and it has to be connected as a normal HDD to
the primary or secondary controller. Whenever I reboot the computer or fire
it up, I have to press F1 as the error reads:

Found CDROM: HP  CD-WRITER+7100

CONFLICT I/O PORTS: 378

PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE  DEL TO ENTER SETUP

This is the first time I have installed the CDRW myself as when I installed
that to my other computer, I found out that it doesn't want to install in
Win95 OEM and I have to upgrade to Rev a to be able to install it. This
time I am installing the the newer OSR2.

Can anyone help me? Please.....I have all my backups in a rewritable CD and
I cannot access to them without being able to access to the CD writer.

Iz Kuzara