From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:07:36 -0400
I don't see why this should be an issue. Here is information from the Intel
Website that describes
the differences between PPGA and FC-PGA:
=====
From Intel Website:

Pentium® III Processors
Differences Between FC-PGA and PPGA Form Factors

The FC-PGA package is used on Pentium® III processors, and is referred to as
the Flip Chip Pin Grid Array package. The PPGA package is used on Intel®
Celeron™ processors, and is referred to as the Plastic Pin Grid Array
package.

The PPGA package used on the Intel® Celeron™ processors has the actual
silicon core facing down towards the motherboard. The silicon core is
covered by a heat slug helping to dissipate heat from the core. The heat
slug transfers heat from the core to the heatsink. As processors get smaller
and faster, the ability to dissipate heat from the processor core is become
more and more critical. The FC-PGA package, flips the silicon core over
facing up. The core sits on top of the actual package and is exposed. The
silicon die is exposed and makes direct contact with the heatsink.
=====

They are all in the Socket 370 style of sockets, just how the die is
possitioned is the difference in PPGA vs. FC-PGA.

--Patrick Black