From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 03:50:21 -0400
Hi Brad,

I'm not sure that you can add a regular folder.
The folders in the list on the right hand side of the Start menu are special
folders.
It's possible to create a folder with a new Unique ID ,but I don't know how
to add it.
Nor do I know how to increase the number of recent files shown in Recent
Folders.(On the Start Menu)

But ,there is a work-around.
You can use the XP natīve method of creating a toolbar.
Create one using the Recent folder. (Docs and Sets >UserName > Recent )
You can either leave it on the Taskbar or (after unlocking the Taskbar) ,you
can drag it to the top
or sides of your screen.
All entries will be shown. For the special doc you want to show at the top,
add a symbol in front of the name, like !,@,#,$,*, etc.
If you "Sort by name" ,the one with the symbol will always be at the top.
BTW -with this arrangement, all new entries during a session will always be
at the bottom of the list.
(This is true as well if you use a Desktop toolbar)

Peter E.