From:
Bobby Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 10:04:16 -0500
I have an older SoundBlaster 2x cdrom thatis that way. It will only hook to
the sound card. The connector is the same as the IDE connector and will fit.
The pc will not boot, as you are described, when you connect it to the IDE
connector.
They use something called Panasonic MKE interface. Take a look at the
following link:

http://support.soundblaster.com/specs/cdrom/interface/ct1830.html