Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 05:44:07 -0800
Can you see the drive in BIOS ? If you can't see the drive in BIOS check to
verify that the jumper setting are set correctly. If this is ok then check
the hdd cable. If all is good to this point then either junk the drive or
call for tech support.
 If you can see the hdd in Bios then I would do a complete format 1st then
go to fdisk and delete any existing partitions and re-partion your drive as
you would like it and of course re-format the newly created partions.
If you can't format or use fdisk to destroy the existing partitions then
chances are that some other type partition was created using a different OS.
(Such as LINUX. or NT maybe?)
Of course you might want to verify that your boot disc is still good before
you attempt the above.
Good Luck
Barry Clark
MCSE/CCNA