From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:11:32 -0800
On 18 Dec 98 at 7:34, Roberto Safora Romay wrote:

> Is there any way that I can convert a VGA monitor into a TV set,
> just by adding a tv tuner and FI step?

  VGA/SVGA monitors typically have ?horizontal frequencies? (I'm
groping for the precise term...) in the range of 31-45 KHz.
Composite/CGA monitors used a frequency around 15 KHz, as I recall --
into the range where most men can't hear it, but many women can.
Seems to me that standard TV is around there, or perhaps as low as 11
KHz.
  Anyway, my *hunch* is that you may get distorted frquency response
on the low end as well as the high end -- and this is substantially
off the low end for VGA monitors.  Even if it works, I doubt that it
would be healthy.

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html