From:
Robert Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:05:33 -0400
Does anyone know of a good website and/or book that has instructions on
installing a motherboard properly.  The reason I ask is because I am
unsure as to where to use the little washers that come with the screws.
Do they go on top of, or below, the motherboard when mounting on the
brass mounting screws? It's not a major problem, but I do not want to
short circuit a motherboard because of ignorance.

Thanks in advance...
Robert

Bruce Boschek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> <snip>
>
> A mounting post that shorts the mainboard that is too lose in the case.
> It is best to check this by visual inspection. Pressing and pushing can
> damage the board and/or cause a worse short circuit.
>
> Good luck and keep us posted.
>
> Bruce

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**