From:
John Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:33:15 -0400
 I believe your drive is failing.  Get it replaced under warranty.  Where I work
as a tech we had a batch of Compaq Deskpro EP systems come through in
July-August.  They had Maxtor drives in the 3-4 Gig range.  We had somewhere
between a 33 and 50% failure rate out of around 10 computers within a month.
Drive not ready, drive not present, read errors.  It varied but it seemed those
drives were pretty flakey.  It could have been a result of mishandling but I've
noticed Compaq is now using Fujitsu and Western Digital in the ones we're
getting in now.  So far reliability seems better.

Ben Moore wrote:

> I had a strange problem with my Maxtor 5.2 GB hard drive last night.  I was

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**