From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 00:07:18 -0400
You wrote:
 >    As far as I understood, softmenu is the system that
 > lets you adjust settings from your bios menu, even
 > without opening the case.
 >    But if I did some changes that froze the PC [for
 > example, set FSB to 100 in attempt to overclock],
 > how do I bring the settings back -- the BIOS menu is
 > unaccessible?

Abit has designed their systems so that if they don't POST,
the next time you power up the CMOS settings will be
returned to default values.

 From my Abit BH6 manual:
"If you can't enter BIOS SETUP [the first time you reboot],
you must try turning the system on a few times (3~4 times)
or press the "INSERT" key when you turn on and the system
will automatically use its standard parameters to boot.
You can then enter BIOS SETUP and setup the new parameters."

The manual also verifies that Dan Shaughnessy's advice
to use the CCMOS jumper to clear the BIOS parameters
will work.

Regards,
Bill

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]