From:
Tina Foskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:28:45 -0400
Help!!!
I just changed from windows98 to windows XP and am having trouble accessing some files.
I have a lot of information on MS Works wdb files that I need to convert to be viewed in WindowsXP.  The info is saved on a data cd that I can not seem to access on my new computer.  I just figured out how to copy and paste them into Excel SS and convert into Quattro BUT I still have to save on a floppy not the cd because I can't get the new computer to read it.  Do I need to buy new CD-RW discs or DVD discs to copy files to?  I can't figure out how to burn on the data cd's yet. I still have access to the old computer so I can copy this way BUT I still want to be able to have all the files on one location.  When I get the cd to accept the file it says it is a read only file.

What is the correct way to shut down the new computer?  Do I use logoff or turn off computer?

Can I save my favorites from the old computer?

I installed AVG antivirus free version to the computer.  Can I safely delete Norton Antivirus since I have another program?  Can I delete AOL and MSN also since I use netzero?

Do I need to backup the new computer or will the recovery cd work in the event of an error?

I keep getting connection to server has failed error code 0X800CCC0E or OD when I e-mail.  Sometimes it goes through and sometimes it doesn't.  I have tried all I can find in help sections to try.

Sorry for so many questions but this is confusing.
Thanks,
Tina

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com