From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:25:27 -0500
Boot into safe mode, then go to device manager. Double click controllers and remove PCI bus master, and then the primary and secondary ide controllers. Next go to CD-Rom, highlight yours and remove it.  If there are multiples of any of these, remove them all.  Then restart, and Windows will reinstall them all.