From:
Don Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 10:14:15 -0700
Clyde

You said:
I have an HP 855CSE and have had problems sharing this printer over
a network and have yet to find the cause of the problems.

I don't think it is a problem - HP decided at one point not to make
their "personal printers" networkable.  I don't know if the 855 is
one of them or not.  I assume that you have checked the HP web page
for latest drivers.  Hook up the printer to each computer and
install the drivers into each computer and then share and see if it
works.  There was a solution at one time but I forgot what it was.

Any ideas on the least expensive way for two computers running
win95a  to share a printer?

Get two NIC cards for $20 each and a crossover wire and hook them
together and you have a network.  You will have to load the network
software from the CDROM but it will do that automatically (I think)
when you install the NIC).  Connect the printer to one computer and
share it to the other.  Your in business!!!!

   Don Cooley / San Jose, California / [log in to unmask]
  New Prostate-Help Forums / My Prostate Cancer story
 My family story & history / All at  http://prostate-help.com
     To discuss Prostate Cancer call me at 408 268-6400