From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 04:18:34 -0400
 From my limited experience the best  site for help is:
http://www.videohelp.com/
There you'll find detailed tutorials on these two programs and  many
more as well.
I always use decrypter first. You can't back up a DVD without removing
the copy protection. My understanding is that Shrink is used to reduce
the file size so it will fit on a standard DVD.
Slower burning speeds seem to produce better results. I've only backed
up 15-20 DVDs, but have never seen one that skips or freezes(Although
I've had a few that didn't work at all).
The above site also explains this issue and has many hardware reviews.

Robert Jones wrote:

>Some times i use decrypter and then go to shrink and then back to decrypter
>in order to  backup a dvd that i just purchased and other times i use skrink
>first then decrypter.
>       Is one way better than another, would i see a difference when i played
>that backup copy, would i have less skipping, freezes one way over the other
>etc ?
>       Lastly the dvds i use at rated at 8 x, would it be better to burn at
>6x or  4x to get a smoother playing dvd or what?   Or is the only problem bad
>DVDs and other help sites claim and pot luck, seeing how dvds movies are all
>made differently ?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml