From:
Jeff McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:51:33 -0600
I've had the same type of problem with a CTX VL710 I used to use.  I thought
it might have something to do with the refresh or sync rate, but I noticed
that if i would squeeze the front bezel towards the back half of the case,
the noise would go away (but never permanantly).

I'm sorry to say I never solved the problem.  I've thought about sending it
in to CTX (it too is about 1 year old) - or at least sending them an e-mail
about it, but haven't worked up the motivation yet.

One other wierd thing I have noticed - both on the VL710 (17") and my new
CTX PL9 (19") is a random pop ever once in a while.  It is similar to a
degause, but without the "shake" afterwards.  It never seems to hurt the
monitor, and may be some type of standard quick-degause, but it seems
worries me when it happens.  I'd say I've only witnessed it 4-5 times in the
last year, and only once on the new monitor.

Jeff

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html