From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:30:52 -0500
resend....

Good afternoon,

I want to connect two computer for file and printer sharing.  There is
an Ethernet connection on both computers. I bought a crossover cable
with RJ45 connectors on each end and connected the two computer using
the cable.  When I made the connection, one of the computers began
flashing that a network cable was disconnected.  I ran the network setup
wizard and told it to ignore the disconnected cable.  It doesn't flash
any more but neither do the two computers appear to be able to see each
other.

I am a complete buffoon at this.  All I want to do in connect two
WinXPSP2 computers. One has WinXP Pro and the other WinXP Home.
According to everything I could find, all I needed was the right
crossover cable and I was ready to go.  I ordered the cable and hooked
the two computers together and no joy.  For this simple network  I think
I have all the hardware I need.  I certainly do need some help setting
it up, though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Loy

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml