From:
"K. Karl Kuller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:31:56 -0400
Subject: [PCBUILD] FIC AZ-11 voltage problems?
The system has been running PERFECTLY for since I built it about 1 1/2
months ago, no blue screens and has never crashed. The problem I don't
understand is that the software that came with the board for monitoring
reports the voltages as follows : 3.39= 3.5, 5 = 6.48 and 12 = 15.71. The
system runs very cool at about 74 degrees Fahrenheit being on all the time.

Hi Richard,
    I don't know about your voltages, but the last sentence above rang my
mental alarm.  If, by using the word "system", you include the CPU
temperature, your conclusion that your system runs "very cool" is false.  I
don't know of any CPU that runs anywhere near room temperature.  Typical
temperatures range anywhere from 50 to 85 degrees C, which is way above your
74 degrees F.
    I put together a computer with an ASUS CUBX motherboard, which included
the ASUS Probe V2.11, which is software designed to monitor the voltages,
cooling-fan rpm's, and the CPU case temperature.  I thought that my CPU was
running exceptionally cool too BUT, after checking with my supplier, I
discovered that there was no Thermal Probe attached to the CPU case, so my
readings were meaningless!  I was both surprised and disturbed that such
nonsense readings were being given.  I hope you are not in the same
situation.
    My supplier is sending me a Thermal Probe to attach to the CPU case so
that I can then get REAL temperature readings.  Unfortunately, however, the
Intel Celeron Data Sheets do not show max temperatures for the 566 MHz
Coppermine CPUs.  If anyone happens to know what the max temperature is, I
sure would appreciate knowing it.
    K. Karl Kuller    [log in to unmask]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html