From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 11:40:48 -0400
Hi,

Yes it is.  I do it all the time.  You need a conversion adapter that's
$5-10.00

Allows the laptop drive to be connected to 40 pin cable for desktop
systems.

Just be very carefully to line up pin 1 properly throughout the hookup
or the drives go up in smoke.

Have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Anyone know if it's possible to connect a laptop hard drive to a desktop
PC?

I have a possibly faulty 2.5" drive that I'd like to try and connect to
another system to see if it's really the drive that's the problem, or
whether there's some other factor.