From:
Angus Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:41:44 -0000
I met this recently with a Toshiba laptop - music would play for about 20
seconds, then stop. It turned out that the soundcard ( an embedded thing on
the motherboard ) had a power saving mode, which cut in after 20 seconds of
audio. Bizarre, but true.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html