From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:47:37 -0000
       I would say that the de-humidifying agent (which ever you use, I was
suggesting the kind you can buy at most grocery, hardware, home Depo, etc.
because, one it is easily available and it works very well, i. e. will suck the
water a desert  <G> and I have used it before for many reasons...I live in
Atlanta, GA and rarely use air conditioning.) is plenty of protection. I would
not expect any damage. I have stored many a puter in my damp Atlanta basement
for months without damage. Most of the temp/humidity damage is done when
operating the equipment not in storage.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers

----------
From:  [log in to unmask] [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

So I am gathering from the above information that without certain
precautions, the computer will be damaged if it stays in a storage building
for 3 months or less.  In other words, if I don't get the above material to
put inside the pc, then damage could occur.  I am also understanding that
even with the above material, there is a possibility that damage will still
occur.  If so, not good news........

Thank you,
Susan Hays

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: